Saturday, September 27, 2008

From "Enter At Your Own Risk" to "Welcome Friends....

My entry is its own little room. I've always, until recently, kept it "ready for company". I'm unable to say when it first became too embarrasing to even open my front door. It became a room which isolated me from the outside world until today when I was able to face it and "put it in order"

Here is the before picture:














Supplies Used:
Garbage Bag (Most Important Tool)
Dusting Cloth
Pledge (the kind you spray not the kind you say)
Vacuum
Courage
Time to complete: 20 Minutes

Favorite moment from this experience...I found a set of keys for a lock I haven't been able to open for eight years and a love seat and chair that I forgot I had....

Here is the after picture:

TA DA!!!!!!












2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Nice Mom!!! That looks amazing :) Does that mean the Easter and Christmas decorations are now put away? :)

Sharlee said...

Hi Shanna! I found your blog. By the way, this is one of the funnest blog ideas I have seen. I LOVE room makeovers, even furnace room makeovers. Doesn't it make you feel liberated to tackle something you've been putting off for a long time? I need to tackle my bedroom--it is quickly becoming a storage room. Our house is so tiny that we really have to de-clutter constantly or I would end up surrounded by junk.
Anyway, Good Job! Can't wait to see your next project. p.s. I have R.S. newsletters if you need them.